Saturday 16 December 2006

Pinchacha again.


Up the telepherico again and walked for almost 3 hrs, the right way this time, to reach a bealach at about 4700m. It started to snow, quite heavily, I waited but it did not go off. I was only 90m from the top so was keen to press on, the snow however had covered the route & the last 90m is a S11 in parts, also the viz was poor so reluctantly nade my way down . The snow turned to sleet then to driving freezing rain, by the time I was back 1.hr45min later I was very wet & very cold.
Back to town.
Discovered on my email a chap who,s advert in the South American Explorers Club I had answered had left a message wanting to meet up as he was keen to do some climbing as well.

PINCHACHA FOR THE THIRD TIME

Up the telepherico again, feeling a bit like robert the bruce & his spider, this time surely !! & after 2h45m reached the bealach climbed the last bit to the top HURRAH
There was a chap sitting at the top so I said " Hi & it was a sham about there being no view " and he said " YOU MUST BE STEPHEN " ........ it was the guy I had emailed.. well well.
Good walk out & the mist cleared . We will arrange what volcano to do tonight.
which we did, Illianas & we leave 2mro lunch time
Yours SS


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam,
Glad to hear you are on your way already and have made a chum to take your photo, fend off robbers and the like. I am struggling to keep up with all the technical terms so perhaps you could explain to novices like me. Was that young lady, with the small knickers, offering you safe passage through her bealach and would you have needed your crampons if you had accepted?

keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Finally caught up. I am surprised that the restorative qualities of beer have eluded you all these years. Hopefully you will be as slow in the uptake of the potential delights being revealed by that intrepid young lady.

Menzies

Anonymous said...

I've learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you set to create the sort of great informative website.

Here is my blog - Tens Units
My page :: tens units

Anonymous said...

I simply could not gо awaу your web site prior
to suggestіng that I really enϳoyed the usual information an individual provide for youг
guests? Is gonna be again гegulаrly in oгdeг
to сheck out new posts

Also visit mу ωеblog .

.. tens therapy
Also see my website > www.samstensunits.com

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

Stop by my blog post TENS Units

Anonymous said...

Hi, its gooԁ paragraph concerning medіa
print, ωe all know media is a іmpгesѕive sοurce
of facts.

Feel frеe to visіt my ѕitе :: taxi service irving
my webpage :: cab service irving tx